Friday, October 25, 2013

Quote of the Month






































Beware the barrenness of a busy life.

--Socrates



I particularly liked this quote this month. First because I had never heard a quote before by Socrates and I was always curious. :-) And then because it seems to me that it still holds true after so long. I do believe that the real truths in life are constants and never seem to change.

Of course there are times in life where we have deadlines and have to be busy. But it seems to me too that to choose that too often or to choose live a "busy" life, to me, it leads to a sense of emptiness.  And not enough time to think about life.  Just repeating the same patterns and not being able to see the forest for the trees. Keeping things in balance is important too, as are making time to slow down and even do nothing, meditation, and slow days with friends and loved ones. Without all that, I can see where a sense of barrenness would come in. 

So this made sense to me this month and I decided to share it with you here,
    

No comments:

Post a Comment