Thursday, January 24, 2013

Quote of the Month








































If  you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues.
--Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

I particularly liked this quote when I saw it as it felt so meaningful to me. I don't know if you are like me on this one, but I know that for me when I am in a situation where I realize I really care about someone and things are so new I am not yet sure if is reciprocated, I tend to want to show them the parts I consider my best sides of myself.

This quote made sense to me,  as of course for someone to really love you they have to know who you really are, and see all of you. And yes allowing yourself to be vulnerable is part of that process. You have to take off the mask. Our mistakes too are part of who we are. And for someone to truly love us, they need to see all of that. Otherwise they are not loving us, the person we really are.

And I do truly believe that when we are being our true selves, we are each of us unique and beautiful beings who are a true gift to the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment